A little break!

Sometimes we need a break and boy did I ever! I went off the "grid" for a bit just to refresh my mind and soul. I took a week off and stayed in a cabin at Worlds End State Park in Forksville, PA. Hiked all around, roasted marshmallows, sat by the Loyalsock Creek for hours and just watched it tumble by. Also went on a couple short trips to Hershey PA and Gettysburg, PA. Love doing the touristy stuff!

Shrouded by clouds, mountains march to the horizon in this photo of the Worlds End Vista at Worlds End State Park, Pennsylvania.
The Vista at World's End State Park
I had vowed to try and not go online during that week. I really didn't tell alot of people and so friends started to wonder if I was alright. Sorry if I worried anyone! Sometimes you just need that mental break. It was nice not to have to type on on the keyboard for awhile. I needed the mental break too. Just to think about where I am going, what I am doing. Remind me what is important in life and what is not. That sort of thing.

When I came back and went back to work, I was overwhelmed last week! My job at Domestic Relations is one where you really can't take a week's break without paying for it the week before and the week after. Ah... the plight of the overworked social worker. Gotta love/hate it. But it's a secure job in questionable economic times ... you get the picture. I was also bartending several times too. That's my side job if I haven't mentioned it before. I bartend at the local firehouse. I love it, great people, fun atmosphere. Unfortunately it is a smoking atmosphere which just kills me with my allergies!

Today is the first day I can get anything out on here. I have written a couple pieces, just haven't polished them up yet. It is so rare that I actually sit and type away in a sort of stream of consciousness and just put it out there. My blogs are becoming pieces which I put aside and then come back to after a bit. Rework, rewrite, etc, and then put online. This one obviously, is just put on as is.  And there is nothing wrong with that!  :o)

Well I am back and gonna try and make up for lost time. I have been trying to put up two posts a week. So I am a little behind my normal schedule.  Hope everyone is doing well. I am excited for that the fall is here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol