Took a Break

Good day my fellow readers! These past couple weeks have been absolutely horrible for me. I really do not wish to go into detail at this point but just to say that I appreciate the notes of concern I received from several of you wondering what was up.

I had become depressed and the only thing I wanted to do when I got home was sleep. Facebook didn't interest me, writing stopped. All side projects at home stopped. I have really been a sad mess.

You think you have everything under control and then an aspect of your life seems to blow up in your face. Well luckily, I am getting through it and taking steps to better myself ... long term. Life is too short to spend it unhappy. I am making changes to move on from that which stresses me out.

Sorry for the cryptic overtones, I just don't want to jinx anything which may or may not happen. LOL.

I also think alot of it has to do with the period of the year. Mom passed on April 10, 2009 and the following month through Mother's Day is just too damn difficult, every year.

In other better news, my hummingbird couple came back for the 3rd year in a row! So happy about that. I made sure their feeders were filled and within a day, I saw them feasting on sweet sugar nectar. And also, the red-crested pileated woodpecker is back! I have wrote about him before. He is HUGE! The size of a chicken. I have heard him in the woods behind the house and spotted him twice.

It is just amazing that these birds migrate thousands of miles each winter and make their way back to my yard, their home.

The little things of life are sometimes the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life