How to Remain Humble ...


http://cutestfood.com/3917/humble-pie/
I always love hearing when people read my blog. It gives me satisfaction knowing that readers find what I write somewhat interesting. I really appreciate that. As I approach the 4th anniversary of writing this little blog, my dreams include maybe one day getting it picked up by a large news website. I know chances of that happening are very slim in this huge behemoth of the Internet; I am honest with myself. But for now, I remain content to write something each week and post it for my friends and family to read.

The one month which I posted anything which garnered major attention was of course the AOL video and link to the blog post on my horrible little Old City apartment the Mole Hole.  The huge bump in the readership level was really nice but of course fleeting. I didn't think it would last so I am happy to keep slowly growing the blog at a steady pace.

I have a bad habit of Googling myself to see where my blog shows up. It moves up and down and all around depending on how many posts I put up that month. I have also mentioned before that I wanted to discretely dispose of other Marc Haynes' so I could rise in the Google "ranks."  If you happen to see my namesakes disappear, I know NOTHING ABOUT IT! (wink wink)  AND ... if I ever get too big for my britches, I will forever be humbled by this horrible picture of myself that I found the other month online. It is the most incredibly unflattering still from my AOL video. Well, at least they got my name spelled correctly.

OMG! Nice face.
I would have much preferred this snazzy gem if I do say so myself:

SNAZZY!!!!
Um, hopefully I'm not the only one who uses the word "snazzy" who isn't in their golden years.  :)






Comments

  1. The only snazzy thing missing from that pic is a snazzy bow tie! ;0) Being humble is hard when you look this good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you are not marc haynes...are you gabby hayes. And dont dare say you dont know who that is.,.boychick...you are not that young. Your friend J.R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture #1 looks like you just sampled one of those recipes that didn't make your blog.
    Picture #2 looks like you sampled one that did, and you ate the whole thing without sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaha dear brother, sometimes we can pick the photos posted and sometimes we can't. :-)))) You always look sensational in my book.....one photo you are very engaged in a story and the other is are enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol