Little Kid Rambles

While camping at World's End State Park in Forksville, PA, I had to use shower/bath house one evening to wash up. I set up shop at the sink and immediately heard a young child in a stall with his Dad. This little kid was doin' his business and was just talking away.

This young little chatterbox was asking his Dad a million questions! He must've been about 3.

"Why is it snowing?" he asked in his meek yet eager voice.
"Because it's cold," the Dad replied.
"What is that?"
"Well, that's the light on the ceiling."
"Oh, OK, Daddy can we talk about the snow again?"
"Sure, what do you want to talk about?" the Dad asked.
"Let's talk about the snow," the little boy replied.
"Well what do you want to know?"
"How much snow is it?"
"It's about 6 inches of snow."
"Is that a lot?" the little boy could be heard asking.
"Well it's enough!" the father laughed.
"Yeah, that's enough ... what's that?!"the little boy asked.
"That's a skylight in the ceiling."
"What does that do?"
"It lets in light."

I turned on the sink faucet to brush my teeth, washed my face and then moved to the hand dryer to dry my hands. The little boy kept going on and on. He had the most patient Dad just waiting for him to do his business. I began to enjoy this little kid with his endless questions.

"What was THAT Daddy?!"
"Just someone using the sink, it's alright."
Oh great, I thought, they are talking now about me.
"Oh, OK. What is he doing?" the little boy asked.
"Probably washing up, focus on what you are doing, OK?"
"OK ... is he staying in here too?"
His father chuckled, "Yes, he probably is."
"Oh ... OK ... where?"
"Probably in a cabin just like us."
"Oh. OK."

I  moved to the other stall to grab some tissue to blow my nose.
The little boy immediately noticed that I had entered the stall right next to his and exclaimed, "DADDY!!!"
"What? What's wrong?" he asked with a chuckle.
"That man has shoes JUST LIKE YOURS!"

I looked down at my hiking shoes and busted up into laughter. The father immediately started laughing along with me. I just couldn't help myself!

He said out loud to me while laughing, "I'm so sorry!"
I was still cracking up and replied, "That's OK. I've enjoyed the conversation. And hey, what happens in here stays in here, right?"
"Absolutely!" he exclaimed. "Have a good night."
"You as well!" I replied.

I gotta tell you, some conversations you just can't make up. I haven't laughed that hard in ages.








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol