Post Election Angst


My friends, we are all still here. The world has not imploded.

My candidate did not win. The other guy did. I am disappointed and angry. Not my first, second, or tenth choice. Our system worked and the candidate who won the electoral college is now our President-elect. (((shudder)))

Life goes on for now. We will continue working, continue paying taxes, and maybe drink more in this time of uncertainty. If you feel the electoral college needs to be overhauled or abolished, then work towards that. There is nothing that can be done now about that at this particular time except starting or joining a movement to abolish it.

For many this is a bitter pill to swallow. For others, your voices were heard. Let's hope he lives up to the hype that his supporters perpetuated. We need to come together and start to heal the wounds of this divisive election. Many of you say that is impossible. I hear you but disagree. I think we need to to remember that the US is a special country, a country that picks itself up, moves on, and works (for the most part) together to become the greatest country in the world. For the record, I already thought American was great.

Here are some suggestions for getting through the next couple months.

1. Drink
2, Hug a loved one
3. Do nothing
4. Buy a coloring book and color
5. Visit a petting zoo and feed the animals
6. Exercise your frustrations away
7. Focus on your home
8. Focus on your close friends and or family
9. Protest peacefully
10. Become politically active
11. Turn off social media for awhile ... except my blog
12. Do yoga to relax ... um... no, not for me. :)
13. Get out a set of drums and pound away your frustrations
14. Play with your pets!!!! Hug, cuddle, and snuggle with them.
15. Rake leaves or come to my yard and rake my leaves. NO SERIOUSLY, have you seen my yard? I have a ton of leaves!!!!
16. Take up macrame or needlepoint. LOL
16. Indulge in some really really good ice cream.
17. GET POLITICALLY INVOLVED
18. Boycott companies that do not follow your views as you see fit (but not Google or Facebook as my blog is on there. LOL)
19. Get involved in a charitable organization, it will make you feel good and you'll be helping others.
20. Sit back with a sense of curiosity. For the first time in our country's history, we have a non-politician who will be leading this country and will be commander-in-chief.
21. Drink heavily.

Lastly, Pray. Pray for the well being of our country and our way of life.

Seriously, if you do not agree with the current administration, become politically active! And protesting peacefully is your right. And to my Republican friends (I do have many), stop complaining about the protesters. That is called freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. Two great ideas our country was founded on. If Hillary won, you don't think you'd see Republican's protesting? I think we would have. And that would've been their right to protest.

To the protesters, again I say please do it peacefully! Rioting does not achieve anything and just shows lack of intelligence, lack of maturity, and a lack of focus. You can get your message across by protesting within the law.

To my Democrat friends, in 2018, there is a chance to flip the Senate back to Democrat. Works towards that. I know I sound like a repeating record but get politically involved. In 2020, works towards electing a Democratic candidate back to the White House.

In the meantime, I hope and pray that our President-elect surrounds himself with some intelligent people who will prevent him from making any rash or off-the-cuff decisions.

For those of you that think I am betraying Democrats, read the blog again. I am not, I am a conservative Democrat and I wanted Hillary. I wanted a woman president. I am being realistic and matter of fact at this point. After careful reflection this week, I feel we need to have hope that this will be a successful time.

If you still feel I am betraying my party ... shrug.




Comments

  1. Well said Marc. it's not the Protesters that make me mad, but the Rioters that are breaking the Law, that are attacking people and destroying property. I don't support any Democrat or Republication that would act in this fashion. I too am looking forward to seeing a Woman become President, but not that Woman (Hillary). I'm one of those Pain in the ass Democrats, because I vote for whomever I feel will work and be the best for our Country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your message and suggestions are bringing me some comfort. Thanks for reaching out to your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come SEX wasn't a suggested activity to get through the next few months?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I thought most married adults stopped having sex after kids. Lmao.

      Delete
    2. They often stop well before having kids. Sigh...

      Delete
  4. Hi Marc! So glad to have connected with your blog! Great post, full of wisdom and the love I know you to have for all your friends, however they voted. Check out my new blog. trixietruelove.com. Amazing what a great outlet it's turning out to be for me. Love ya, trixie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life