Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe

"Lobster Mac & Cheese"

My Mom truly had the best Mac & Cheese recipe. But then again, as her son, I am completely and unabashedly biased. I often make it as it truly reminds me of her in my kitchen. Such good family memories over food. How many of us have said that thought? LOL "My Mom's is the best!" It's all good. I won't argue with ya!

Below is the link for my Mom's Mac n Cheese recipe. Hope ya try it. Lemme know how your family recipe differs! :)

https://frazzledatforty.blogspot.com/2014/03/moms-mac-n-cheese.html

Ingredients! 
For Christmas this past year, I wanted to make something homestyle but incredibly rich and decadent! I was tired of turkey and ham. I wasn't really into making a goose. Wouldn't know where to start. Have had Cornish game hens, had duck the previous year thanks to big sis Sheryl! YUM!!!! I had my heart set on lobster macaroni and cheese!!!

The Big Ragu had bought a good couple pounds PLUS of cooked lobster meat and the idea for lobster mac & cheese hit me! SO homey yet SO decadent! I made it for Christmas dinner and it was INCREDIBLE. And actually, just the recipe for the mac & cheese (without the lobster) was good unto itself!

Oh yeah, these too. LOL 
I felt guilty loving another recipe over my Mom's. Treacherous... even traitorous!!! Would she ever forgive me? Well lemme tell ya something. If my mother tasted this recipe with the lobster, she'd never look back! Ha-ha!
Now I will still make hers, but this one is now a favorite for me and goes into MY recipe box. But Mom's is still first! ;)

SO here is the recipe for an easy Lobster Mac & Cheese. You can either get fresh lobster and broil it or get precooked. I've tried it both ways and it comes out fantastic. I have noted adjustments for the recipe when I made them. I found it online and include the link below.

I could just eat these now.
This time though for the blog, the Big Ragu won two fresh frozen one pound lobster tails at the local firehouse bar where we hang out at. (Shout out to our local awesome Summit Station Firehouse!)


Now lets make some incredible...

LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE !!! 

Broiling the Lobster Tail:

1. Preheat your broiler to High.
2. Place lobster tails on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife or kitchen shears, carefully cut the top side of the lobster shells lengthwise. Pull apart the shells slightly and season meat (if you'd like) with equal amounts butter, paprika, salt and white pepper.
Make extra lobster to nibble on!
3. Broil lobster tails until lightly browned and lobster meat is opaque, about 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges to serve.

*OK, a couple things. I got the lobster recipe online but I forget where I got it. It is a basic recipe which is kinda the same after several tries of finding it again. I did NOT season the meat since I was adding it to the mac & cheese. I cooked the lobster tail at 5 minutes and checked it but it was not completely done, so I went the full 10. Lemon wedges are for if you are just eatin' the lobster and there is NOTHING wrong with that! YUM!!!




LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE Recipe
Into the oven it goes! 

Yields: 8 servings
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients:
1 lb cavatappi pasta (I've used large and small elbow mac noodles as well if you need to sub.)
1/4 cup butter (I used salted.)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cup whole milk
Pinch nutmeg (Optional but I liked it.)
Kosher salt (I used fine and course sea salt, too. Both worked well.)
Freshly ground black pepper (pre-ground works too.)
1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Fontina (You may have to shred it yourself. Check out the gourmet cheese section at the supermarket.)
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 lb cooked lobster, roughly chopped (I've used anywhere from  2 lbs to 4lbs of lobster! LOL)
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley (for garnish)

I have tried the recipe adding 1 cup of shredded Gruyere and/or shredded mozzarella cheese. I like adding different cheeses each time to get a different flavor, sometimes more savory than the next. Also, I've tried using chipotle Panko bread crumbs for the topping. It gave it a nice bite, especially if you use hot sauce or your cooked mac & cheese! I also usually make double the topping with the Panko bread crumbs. I like it crunchy on top. Experiment!!!

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 375'. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cavatappi until al dente. Drain and set aside.

DONE! :) 
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle over flour and cook until slightly golden, 2-3 minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until combined. Season with nutmeg if using, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. (Very important, don't over cook the flour butter mixture!)

3. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheddar, Fontina and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan and whisk until smooth. Fold in pasta and lobster and transfer into a 9'' x 13'' baking dish.

4. In a medium bowl, combine Panko, the remaining Parmesan, and oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the pasta. Bake until bubbly and golden, 20-25 minutes.


The original recipe link is below! ENJOY!!!

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a22790813/lobster-mac-recipe/


Comments

  1. This is sure to make the pleasure center of my brain emit a pulsating glow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, before I comment, I am going to have to make this. Hmmm, who can I invite to help us eat it. That will be the least of my concerns. I will try it and I will do some cheese research and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life