Thankful

Marc & the Big Ragu, World's End 

This Fall has once again shown me that I have much to be thankful for. I am blessed with close friends and family, a solid career, a warm home, my new lil SUV, the Blueberry, two loving pets, the awesome force in my life known as the Big Ragu, and my health!

I will attempt to curb my minor complaining. I have gained some weight as of late so if you hear me complaining, feel free to shove a beer or a snack into my face to shut me up.

I have had some dissappointments this past year but I have learned from them. After cabin hunting across New England this Fall, the Big Ragu and I did not find our dream cabin/retirement home yet but that's ok. I am blessed enough to be able to be even thinking about getting a second home. That's pretty lucky so I shouldn't complain. 

My heart grows heavy thinking about those that aren't even sure where their next night may be. I have no doubt that our vacation home is out there, we just havent found it yet. And if by chance, it is not, I have gotten to know Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine better than I ever thought I would and met new friends and reconnected with old dear ones along the way.

I realize that some relationships were not meant to be saved and life goes on. Others have faltered by the very nature of two friends moving on in opposite directions. It can be painful when it happens, but it's just a fact of life. 

I have been lucky to also see certain friendships grow and strengthen this past year. One in particular, reblossomed with the most fun gal I've had the pleasure of meeting during my life in Lake Wynonah. She makes me laugh and laugh. I am so happy we were able to move on and rekindle the friendship. And still one more friendship came with the most unlikely of friends. I never thought I'd have room for one most close friend but guess what? When it happens, you make room for that individual. I am blessed by his friendship. 

To those friends I've lost, my heart still weeps from pain and heartbreak. To those friends who have lost family members as well as pets, I have cried for you. Time tempers the pain, but it is a fool's folly to think that it will ever go completely away. 

My health is solid. I am thankful and blessed. I will attempt to cut down on the IPAs and other craft beers. But hey, if you knew what I gave up in my 20s, you'd see how ahead of the game I am. I just need to hit the gym more. πŸ˜‰

As I come to the close of 2019 and begin the final approach to my 50th birthday in June 2020, I will continue to strive to not take things for granted and be thankful for what I have in my life. We all get distracted here and there but try and remember to bring your mindset back to these core values, even if it takes a holiday to help you do it. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life