Collective Struggles

"2019, 2020, 2021"
Photo by Me


I still try and recycle plastic and sometimes I forget and toss something in the garbage which will take 1000 years to break down.

I still try and be nice to everybody but sometimes I forget and I'm a mean son of a bitch when I'm in an "I don't give an F mood."

I still try and workout each day and sometimes I am a slug and just lay there, blindly shoving ruffle BBQ potato chips into my mouth. 

I still try and rise above political arguments but sometimes I get so heated I scream F you!!! And then regret it and feel kind of awful that I lowered myself.  

I still try and clean dishes, wash a load of laundry, empty the garbage, and clean the litter box after work, and then I remember my Mom saying "It isn't the end of the world Marco, the dishes can wait until tomorrow." And she's right. And so I open a bottle of wine and binge Netflix.

I still try and be positive during Covid but sometimes I get depressed and cannot believe this is our lives and think how can I be positive when so many are suffering? 

I still sometimes think "Woe is Me" during this pandemic but then I realize how lucky I am that I have not suffered financially or medically.

I still sometimes think I should really take down these Christmas decorations but then think about that one year they were up until April. That neighbor across the street can kiss my lily white ass. Just be happy that they'll be down by end of January. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life