Pumpkin Vodka Recipe

This is the recipe for pumpkin vodka which I made during the Fall and the holidays. I would love to take credit, but alas, I cannot. It was created by the Chef Jerry Labooty and General  Manager Mark Rosenberger of the Greystone Restaurant in Pottsville, PA. I can say that it was easy to make and sooo good! One thing I would recommend is that if you aren't going to finish it quickly, I would strain the pumpkin vodka through a coffee filter and then chill in the fridge to encourage longevity with flavor! I halved the recipe and it came out perfectly. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Vodka Recipe

1 gallon jar with lid
3 small pumpkins
2 1.75 L vodka (Skyy was used, I used Absolut)
1 lb brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon each of nutmeg, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice

Remove stems from pumpkins, cut in half, and clean out seeds and fibers.
Steam halves for 10-15 minutes until a little soft.
Place halves, while still hot into 1 gallon jar.
Add all the other ingredients, seal jar.
Let sit for at least three days.
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I really need to try this out later. Never knew Pumpkin and Booze can be an awesome combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc, Frazzled at FortyNovember 15, 2011 at 12:47 PM

    No problem! It is a great recipe. The spices used really give it great flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marc. Just came upon your site searching for pumpkin vodka recipes. This sounds delicious! What kind of martini did you make with it? Thanks, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Jen from the blog, www.thyme-well-spent.blogspot.com , I just drank it straight as a flavored shot or combined it with tonic! Hope you like it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life