Scotch and Whiskey Quotes

One of the first drinks that I ever had was sipping my Dad's Dewar's on the rocks. I think I remember hating it but I eventually started to develop a taste for it after college. These days, I really enjoy single malt Scotch. Specifically, my favorite is Laphroaig.  I love it's smokey peatiness. Always have. When I order Laphroaig, I usually order it neat. This means ordering it without ice or a splash of water. In this way, one is able to get the full effect and flavor of the dram. (A dram is a small glass of whiskey or Scotch.)  Very rarely, if I am in the mood, I have it with one cube or just a splash of water but usually, just neat. Remember to always drink responsibly friends!

Here are some great Scotch and whiskey quotes I have found over the years.
  • "I love Scotch. Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly." - the character Ron Burgandy played by actor Will Ferrel in the movie Anchorman
  • "I love the sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink Scotch." - George Burns, American comedian
  • "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake." - W.C. Fields, American comedian and actor
  • "Set up another case bartender! The best thing for a case of nerves is a case of Scotch!" - W.C. Fields, American comedian and actor
  • "Whenever someone asks me if I want water with my Scotch, I say I'm thirsty, not dirty." - Joe E. Lewis, American comedian
  • "I like my whiskey old and my women young."  - Errol Flynn, Australian actor
  • "Whiskey is liquid sunshine." - George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright
  • "I should never have switched from Scotch to martini's." - actor Humphrey Bogart's last words
  • "There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky." - Scottish proverb
  • “Champagne's funny stuff. I'm used to whiskey. Whiskey is a slap on the back, and champagne's a heavy mist before my eyes.” - actor Jimmy Stewart in the movie The Philadelphia Story
  • “I’ve been on the whisky diet – I’ve already lost three days!” - British comic Tommy Cooper
  • "For her fifth wedding, the bride wore black and carried a Scotch and soda." - Phyllis Battelle, American journalist
  • The light music of whiskey falling into a glass - an agreeable interlude." -James Joyce, Irish novelist and poet
  • "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain, American author and humorist
  • "Friendship is like whisky, the older, the better." - anonymous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol