Endorsement: Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Cookware!


1 QT. Round French Oven
(1 Quart French Oven)
I just love Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware. Le Creuset is a French cookware company which was founded in 1925. It is well known through out the world for it's enameled cast iron pots and pans which come in a variety of different colors such as kiwi, caribbean, cherry, flame, dune, and others. I am partial to the bright orange, or flame as they call it. My first piece was flame and I have stuck with that color ever since.


These days, Le Creuset has ventured into stoneware, stock pots, tea kettles, stainless steel cookware, utensils, and accessories. Pieces are available in every color of the rainbow to match your kitchen. They aren't cheap, but they are of excellent quality and last forever.  Let me tell you how I have started my collection:  resale and consignment shops! I will sometimes come across pieces for sale at rock bottom prices and I grab 'em!  My first piece was a 5 1/2 quart French Oven, which normally retails for $240.00 online. I bought it at a resale shop for around $50.00!  My second piece was the Square Skillet Grill which retails for $130.00 online. I love grilling on it during the winter. My third, was cast iron roaster, which gets plenty of use during the holidays.  If I remember correctly, I bought each piece second hand for under $30.00, far below their retail value. I have no qualms picking up such high quality pieces at these low prices, used or not!

Square Skillet Grill
(Square Skillet Grill)
As I said before, I love Le Creuset cookware because they are of such great quality. They distribute heat evenly and then retain the heat longer than your normal pots and pans.  And you can go from stove top to oven and back again. As with most cast iron cookware, they are heavy. But according to their website, they are the lightest weight of any premium cast iron cookware. With such colorful options, I have no problem transferring the pot from the stove to my table.  Cleaning up is a breeze ... albeit a heavy breeze. I wait for the pan or pot to cool down first and wouldn't recommend dish washing as it could dull the vibrant colors.

Instead of your normal pots and pans, think color, think quality, and think Le Creuset.  Whether bought used or new, they are an investment to be sure, but they last forever. I have had mine for years and they are still as colorful as the day I bought them.  And don't forget the added bonus of getting into shape while lifting them!

Comments

  1. Ditto on Le Creuset... but where can I find a consignment or second-hand store that would have them!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol