What Would Meryl Do?

As we end 2014, I wanted to share some wisdom I have learned from this past year. You will come across the worst in people. It is up to you to ignore it. It is up to you to rise above it. One of the greatest gifts of getting older is realizing that you do not need to be friends with these types of people. Move on, spend time with close friends and family, and stop wasting time on the others. Life is too short and too precious to waste. 

Help others as well. Do random acts of kindness. I have preached this before. It helps them and makes you feel better as well. I was getting a coffee this afternoon and helped a senior citizen struggling with the door into the convenience store. She thanked me and then went in to buy some lotto tickets. 

While in line, she apparently lost her money from the car to the store. I helped her retrace her steps and found it with her. She thanked me profusely and then asked if I wanted to adopt her. I said, "Only if you can cook well." We both laughed, wished each other a Happy New Year, and went on our separate ways. This is what life is about. It's about helping others, not tearing others apart. 

The actress Meryl Streep says it so eloquently. I will leave you with her words of wisdom:  


Comments

  1. Thank you marc. You are a wond wonderful person and good friend.. I try acts of kindness once a day even if only leaving the quarter in the cart at aldi. Keep up with the positive in life and get rid of the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said my friend, well said. Have a great 2015 and maybe we'll see each other again this coming year. Hi to John. May you both have a Safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every word absolutely true! Why does it take so long to realize this!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for the comments friends. Great question Shawn. 😊 Thx as well for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Morag and Lisa! I agree, wonderfully stated. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol