In 1979, It was NEAT to BE ME!

Happy 45th Birthday to myself!! It has been a rough week for various reasons. I wanted to put up a post for my birthday that was whimsical and fun. While going through a box from the attic, I found this paper out that I filled when I was 9 years old waay back in 1979 in ACE class (a creative class run by one of my favorite teachers, Mrs. Elaine Arbo) at Wenonah Elementary School. It was actually titled, "It's Neat to Be Me." You can't make that stuff up!

I reference war and world peace a lot which I figured out was due to the Cold War deterioration in the 70's. I still want to be a billionaire but I don't think I'd give all my money away to the poor. I never became a surgeon, sorry Mom (looking up towards Heaven). LOL

Some answers are so typically 70's such as the velour shirts that I liked, the TV show "Dallas", and liking disco. Actually I liked disco A LOT but was embarrassed to put it down so I said I liked rock ... and a little disco. LOL. Another embarrassing item was that I thought I was brilliant ... twice. I'm sorry. So embarrassing. I'm laughing as I write this.

Lastly, some things have not changed. I still like the color blue, I still like steak, And I still like mint chocolate chip ice cream! You can't go wrong with that! And for the record, velour shirts were really in style back then.

Some of it is typical of a kid, some of it rather quite philosophical. I like how it shows the positivity and idyllic nature of youth. But oh how I've changed...

IT'S NEAT TO BE ME   by Marc Haynes

I like myself best when:   something goes right for me.
Something I'm really good at:   being brilliant.
I am unhappy when:   my parents are mad at me.
I enjoy reading about:   stories with happy endings.
I wish:   I could fly and also change my size.
If I had a choice, I would:   become a billionaire and give money to the poor.
Someday I hope:   there would be no more wars.
The one thing I most want to accomplish:   is world peace.
When I grow up, I would like to be a:   surgeon.
The thing I am most concerned about:  is us getting into another war.
A person I really admire is:   my mom and dad because they teach me things.
Some adjectives that describe me are:   handsome, brilliant.
My favorite color is:  blue.
My favorite ice cream is:  mint chocolate chip.
My favorite food is:  steak.
My favorite sport is:  soccer and swimming.
My piece of clothing is:  my velour shirts.
My favorite animal is:  a duck.
My favorite subject is:  social studies.
My favorite season is:  summer.
My favorite number is:  5.
My favorite day is:  Saturday.
My favorite holiday is:  Hanukkah.
My favorite hobby is:  collecting stamps.
My favorite games are:  Maniac, Clue, and the Mad Magazine Game.
My favorite TV show is:  Real People and Dallas.
My favorite music is:  rock .... and a little disco.

Comments

  1. Stumbled on this post after Googling Elaine Arbo. I had Mrs. Arbo for 3rd grade in the 90s. She was the most unique and creative teachers I've ever had and I still remember vividly a lot of similar class activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment Brad. She is one of a kind and one of my biggest scholastic influences! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought about the tv show, Real People, in a long time. That show and "That's Incredible" were family gathering and viewing nights at the Chew's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol