Summer Shrimp Macaroni Salad

Colorful Ingredients!
This is a great summer pasta salad which my Mom made throughout a good couple of decades of Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day festivities as well as the occasional family BBQ. It is a favorite recipe of my sister Sheryl's, too. It is a "Haynes go-to recipe". Can't decide what to make or bring? Make the shrimp salad recipe! LOL. You really can't go wrong with it.

I like it because it is not too heavy and pretty refreshing. For my salad below, I doubled the recipe for a summer cocktail party I had hosted and ended up using a little bit more French dressing than called for but it still came out great. Instead of pimentos, I substituted chopped roasted red peppers. I also substituted an olive oil mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip. If you want to use the medium canned shrimp or fresh frozen shrimp, you could do that as well. The canned shrimp is used for ease in preparation and it still tastes so good. Lastly, I used chopped up orange peppers instead of green as I like the sweeter flavor better.


I always love when my sister makes this summer salad. It brings back great memories of BBQ chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers and fun family events. I have been known though to just to eat a big bowl of it and forgo the other foods. I remember one year my Mom yelled at my brother Adam and I to stop hogging the shrimp salad so others could have some!


Shrimp Macaroni Salad by Abby Deeds


Shrimp Macaroni Salad
Serves 6
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1 cup Miracle Whip or other mayonnaise
1/4 cup French dressing
1 1/2 cup cooked macaroni
1 cup chopped celery
1 medium onion chopped
1/4 cup green pepper chopped
1/4 cup pimentos
1 - 7oz canned tiny shrimp
2 hard boiled eggs chopped into big pieces

1. Stir pasta, salt, paprika, Miracle Whip, and French dressing.
2. Combine remaining ingredients.
3. Chill well before serving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol