Awesome Rants 'n Raves of 2015

If I had a resolution for 2016 (which by the way, I hate resolutions), it would be to would rant 'n rave more effectively and often. Now I do express my opinion but every now and then I pull it back so I don't offend others (yes I know, ironic for someone who blogs). Often a family member or friend of mine posts a great rant 'n rave which I will now be forwarding onto you to enjoy, gripe, or ponder about. You may or may not agree with them but I think it is important to show differing opinions. In each of them, I find something that I can identify with!

Blogger's Note: Each of these rants was posted on Facebook and reprinted with the parties' permission. Except for possible grammatical or punctuation errors, rants are printed as they were appeared on Facebook. 


Sheryl (my sister):

....is tired of the complaints, political bashing, racism, discrimination, intolerance, fear, meanness, and in general, overall negative rhetoric regarding the past few months on the domestic incidents, the government and our county. I'm tired of no one really providing any alternative solutions to ANYTHING!!! 

Useless selfish speeches are purposefully put out there to incite negativity and detract from understanding each other. But the beauty of America is that you all have that freedom to make all the negative criticisms and bash all the politicians you want. Many politicians you all voted for; many who trade their moralistic visions in for the power they get a taste of and seem to say anything to keep. But the beauty of America is that you all can vote them out; you can make a difference by behaving differently; you can try to be positive or even be nice to those Americans affected the most by the negative media or political speeches. Why choose to join or fuel the mass hysteria???? I mean the beauty of America is that if you don't really like it, you can leave it.

Adam (my brother):

Hope this comes out clearly. We are not trying to come up with ideas to kick people out of the country or put them in internment camps like the Japanese. We are trying to prevent people from coming into the country who are not citizens that already could pose a threat the to United States and our way of life. Unfortunately, some of these extreme ideas to protect out way of life don't make people feel warm and fuzzy all over. They always go back to what our Constitution stated when it was first conceived. 

Taking that into account, we have to find a way to prevent these radicals from trying to destroy our lives and way of life. I would like to hear some of these other ideas that are less drastic than those being presented by the presidential nominees... I find it interesting that it's OK for France to shut their borders down to protect their way of life, but we cannot do that....

Darren (my buddy who is a drummer in the awesome Philadelphia punk rock band Riverside Odds):

You want to know why children are such little prima donna bitches now?

They don't play tackle football. They can't play in the dirt. They eat shit foods because parents coddle them and give into their every want. They can't swim after they eat. It's an ADD problem, and it's never a "diet" or "lack of physical activity" problem. Every kid NEEDS Prozac. They don't know how to socialize face-to-face with people because they live vicariously through a video game of "social networking." 

Let your kids get hurt. Let them get sick. Let them learn mistakes on their own. Spank them when they don't listen. Let them get into fist fights. Ground them from more than just their precious cell phones. People become independent from actions, not just by saying "I raised them to be independent." Teach them to do things on their own. Do chose, do your own laundry, mow the lawn, take out the trash...

Do you know how to prevent a kid from getting tetanus? Inject them with some fucking tetanus! Stop letting your kids be whiny bitches than run your life. Are you the boss or are they? They need to scrape their fucking knees to learn on their own. 


My simple rant:

It was those damn kids and their meddling dog!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Comments

  1. Fantastic post!!! Despite differences I truly appreciate other people's perspectives. Happy New Years my fellow ranters!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these. I would love to share some of my rants but I can't choose which one of the voices in my head to speak. HAHA - Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chuck. I remember enjoying many of your rants in college. LOL :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol