Discovering Roasted Cauliflower!

For my little Christmas Eve Open House, I channeled Mom Abby and put out a traditional crudite' platter of veggies along with her recipe for a spiced up veggie curry dip. It kicked ass! Check out my Mom's recipe and subsequent blog post on that:

Recipe: http://frazzledatforty.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-vegetable-dip-with-kick.html

Italian-style Roasted Cauliflower
Long story short: I cut up enough vegetables for an army but I barely invited a troop! LOL. What to do with all those veggies? There aren't enough vegetarians in the world. Now I knew I could do a stir fry with a bunch of them but I still had a ton of broccoli and a head of cauliflower larger than a butter ball turkey! SERIOUSLY.

So I did some research online because I decided I wanted to try something different than just steaming the cauliflower. Now I'm health conscious but I had definitely eaten my fill of raw veggies. Somewhere through the last couple years I remembered seeing a recipe for roasted cauliflower so I went that route.

I discovered the recipe below and modified it to my own tastes adding Italian spices instead of thyme. After all, I ain't got time for that.... get it? LMAO. OK really bad joke. Anyway, the original recipe is linked below and afterwords is my modified recipe! (The better one.. hahaha.)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/parmesan-roasted-cauliflower-51143020

Marc's Italian Style Roasted Cauliflower

Ingredients:

- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 chopped shallots
- 4 chopped or minced garlic cloves
- 3-4 Tblspn Italian seasoning mix (basil, oregano, rosemary, savory, marjoram)
- 4-6 Tblspn olive oil
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Preheat oven to 425'F. Cut cauliflower into 1 to 1/2 inch florets. Spray down nonstick pan with olive oil spray. Mix garlic, cauliflower, shallots, seasonings, salt and pepper. Roast, flipping and tossing cauliflower occasionally, 35-40 minutes. Transfer to bowl and toss with grated Parm cheese. Use more cheese if you'd like.

The recipe online states to roast 10-12 minutes longer after sprinkling with Parm cheese until the cauliflower is tender., I DID NOT do this. I like my cauliflower a little more al dente. I could've even stopped the cooking at 35 minutes. Will shorten the time a little bit more maybe next time. It really comes down to how tender or hard you like your roasted cauliflower.

It's a great easy recipe you can do which will produce a roasted cauliflower that is earthy, garlicky, and nutty. Maybe even the kids will like it.

Doubtful though, the little monsters.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol