Miss Morag's Vision from Scotland

Glen Lyon, Scotland


BLOGGERS note: I wrote this blog with the permission and knowledge of my friend Morag Donlevy. In addition, the pic above is not my photo but from the website  https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/glenlyon/glenlyon/index.html.
I wanted a photo to represent the beauty of this country.


MY dear friend Morag hails from Scotland. She's lived in the US for many many years but will always have strong ties to her homeland, as well as a delightfully beautiful accent. Her husband Matthew's accent is much stronger. I often tease that I use Morag to translate Matthew's strong "Scottish brogue" for me.

Morag recently had to travel back to her ancestral home to sadly say farewell to her Mother whom she lovingly called her "Wee Mammy".  At age 95, she was the youngest of 13, and the last one to pass. I followed Morag's Facebook posts from Scotland feeling as if I were there next to her on her journey home.

The only regret I have is not being able to hug a friend in time of need. Her description of the events leading up to her Mother's passing brought back such strong memories of my own Mom's passing.

As Morag so eloquently wrote, "Till we meet again, stay peacefully in the arms of angels."

One small post captured my emotional heart so strongly. It was beautiful. An incredible passage from an incredible woman. What makes Morag so endearing is her humbleness as well. I had approached her over a glass of Scotch and stated that I wanted to write a blog around the passage below and told her how beautiful it was. In her true humble nature, Morag responded, "Oh it's nothing, just nothing. I couldn't sleep." No Morag, it wasn't just nothing. It rivals my best writing. It moved me.

Miss Morag wrote:
Good morning from Scotland.  I didn’t sleep till about 2:00 a.m. for no reason other than the wind.  It brought back so many memories.  It truly howled...  I stayed awake to look and listen.  At one point the rain changed to sleet and as it landed on the window; streetlights caused it to sparkle like diamonds.  Finally, the wind blew the window closed and the room was quiet.  I fell asleep.  I will never forget it.

I am blessed to have become closer with Morag and her husband Matthew. I would do anything for these two. I consider them close friends and family. One evening Morag pulled me closer to speak with her.

She stated "Now I know I cannot replace your mother and will never try but I want to be your Mother here in Lake Wynonah." Without hesitation, I said absolutely.

Morag, I proudly call you my Scottish Mum.






Comments

  1. I read that post, but not being the writer as the two of you are, I didn't see the beauty in it until you (Marc) pointed it out to all. Thank you for the lesson in really reading into someone's words. JR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marc. That was beautiful and we both love you. Matthew and Morag

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol