QUOTE from F. Scott Fitzgerald



This will be a pretty quick blog.

I had written a blog post today about "bucket lists" over my lunch time. It was rather lengthy and detailed.  Now I am very diligent about saving my posts as I write them. Long story short, I was spell-checking the post and did some random crazy sequence of keystrokes which thereby deleted and closed the post. IT WAS GONE.

In shock and fear I reopened the blog post and two letters remained of the more than 500 I had just written. The letters 've'. I was dumbfounded looking at a blank screen after an hour of writing.

I got through it. The blog post wasn't meant to be at this time. Such is life. I am still here. I wasn't going to immediately try and write it but stepped away from the computer and took a deep breath. Thanks to my friends who talked me "off the ledge."

Instead, I searched for a quote which I wanted to pass on to my readers and I think I found one that I really like today. It's from one of my favorite authors, the author of The Great Gatsby,
F. Scott Fitzgerald. Hope you like it.


For what it's worth ... it's never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you're not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comments

  1. Hi! So I just found out myself as I was about to use that quote that F. Scott Fitzgerald never actually penned it...it is from a screenplay by Eric Roth based on Fitzgerald's short story The Curious Case of Benjamin Button! So, I guess the author is Eric Roth...this from a librarian: http://www.falmouthpubliclibrary.org/blog/the-curious-case-of-misquotation/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for the clarification! I really appreciate it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life