Happy New Year





Happy New Year!

So once again as this year draws to a close we are being bombarded with of the "end of the year" lists and reviews. I guess this one is especially poignant as it is also the end of the decade. The news outlets are each doing a reflection and review of the 2010s.


I will not bore you with the specific ups and downs of my life. If you read my blog or follow me on social media, you pretty much get the gist of how my year has gone. I do want to tell you that through the year's disappointments and heartaches, laughter and fun times, I have survived and I've come out stronger that I was before, albeit a bit grayer too!

I recommend therapy if you want to rip yourself down to the core and build yourself back up. πŸ˜›  It's extremely insightful in figuring out why you tick. But it was also an extremely emotionally exhausting journey which I am still on. I've never felt more aware of my existence as well as my reasons for making certain decisions throughout my 49 years. I feel like I'm in more control and deal with stressful situations much better. 

I've lost some dear wonderful friends due to death and illness. Lost others figuratively because they just don't have a place in my life anymore. But I've gained others and with that, my life is very rich. What a lucky dog am I?

Disappointments happen and I have had my fair share of them this year but they haven't brought me completely down. I won't let them. If anything they made me realize and how truly blessed I am. I try and keep that cup half-full at all times!

Also, although they're fun to talk about, please don't make your annual New Years resolutions too difficult or too out of reach as you will only disappoint yourself. But hey, if they work for you, don't let me stop you! I know for a lot of us, being too specific can be very unrealistic.

So that is why instead, I am unveiling some easy and vague resolutions or as I have coined the term, "vague-olutions" which I figure I can conquer and complete in a half-assed manner!

1. Be nicer or at the very least, don't be as mean.
2. Play with my cats more.
3. Drink more water.
4. Eat healthier.
5. Schedule a workout at some point.
6. Try a new recipe or two.
7. Listen to classical music if I stumble upon the Sirius station.
8. Try not to be as late.
9. Read something.
10. Throw out stuff.
11. Live within my means.
12. Learn to love light beer again if no IPAs are available.
13. Accept that I am never gonna learn that 2nd language.


Happy New Year EVERYONE! 



Comments

  1. Vague enough for me grasshoppet. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life