Just Another Minute

"MAX, the snuggle-bug"



Certain mornings I feel weary from the world,

Just laying in bed with just enough energy to gaze outside.

Birds are chirping, even on this cold early winter morning.

The sun dapples so brightly through the remaining pin oak leaves.

Those leaves,  although crinkly and brown, remain ever so steadfast holding on for life.

To my right I feel the soft warm body of my lovable snugglebug of a tom-cat Max.

I smile as I nudge him; he purrs in response, stretching out a paw towards my hand, then a cold little nose to my palm.

Perhaps I will stay in bed just a little bit longer, another 5 minutes, another 30, another hour.

I drift in and out of sleep. Max’s purrs now become light snores.

The weight of my comforter envelopes me, cocoons me in safety. So warm and so safe.

Evergreen branches scratch at the window, beckoning me to finally rise.

In a few minutes I say to myself, in a couple, maybe in awhile.

Fow now, the peace and the quiet is just what my world weary soul needs.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol