Think twice about your butt..

I don't smoke, I never have. I really don't care if you do, that is your health and your decision. I know my mother's smoking directly contributed to major health problems including lung cancer, brain cancer, and liver cancer. Food for thought.

Whoever delivers newspapers in the morning to the set of mailboxes in front of my house constantly drops their "butts" on the ground. Besides it aggravating me because it is littering, I hate the fact that those damn cigarette butts take years to biodegrade. Specifically, one butt can take 3-10 months to decompose. Some say it can take as much as 12 years. The filter, which if made up of acetate, will never full break down.  Information is available on this, look it up on the internet.

The Palmetto Pride organization of Myrtle Beach, SC have a great campaign.
Their website is http://www.palmettopride.org/.
Check it out. They have put out drink coasters at various bars which argue against littering with your cigarette butts. Specifically they say, "Think twice about your butt .... Cigarette butts just don't decompose over night you know? Litter trashes everyone, don't do it."

Again, if you wanna smoke go ahead. Just don't litter with your butts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol