Stressed and Frazzled

Stress.  What an ugly 6 letter word. For these last two weeks, I have been particularly stressed over home construction projects and work ... well mostly work. I also feel like I am living in a constant construction zone. With everything happening in my life I have been feeling completely overwhelmed as of late. I know it shows in my mannerisms, how I behave, and how I look. I feel exhausted and not on focus with many aspects of my life.  Side projects such as my blog, my house, and my garden tend to fall by the wayside. I come home and just want to vegetate until bed. I don't want to do ANYTHING.

My health tends to be affected by stressful times in my life. My allergies are worse, especially my asthma. I don't sleep as well and am always tired. I tend to drink more to relax. I have also had another recent health issue crop up these past two weeks which is definitely stress related.  And the exhaustion! I am just so lacking of energy. 

What to do, what to do.

Yes I know there are coping skills. I am trying to prioritize what's important, make a list of these priorities, and stick with it. Some stressors such as work, are not so easily fixed. That's a long term issue.  These days one just doesn't get up and leave their job, not in this economy. You try and make it work.

I am going to exercise more again. That seemed to help back in the Winter and Spring. Luckily the little yardwork that I am doing has been sustaining the Adonis physique (yeah right) through the beginning of the summer. Unfortunately, increased consumption of my favorite beer has been negating any positive effects against my burgeoning little beer belly.

I know I have to cut down on caffeine too. My blood pressure is sky high again and even on my blood pressure medication, it is way too high. 

So I guess my goal for the second half of the summer is to try and get healthier yet again and work on my stress management. What sucks is that sometimes I feel like I am on a roller coaster and just want to get off. Stability is what I am looking for and I have yet to find it.  I think I need to simplify as well. As I am getting older, I feel for the first time that my overall health and well being depends on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol