Easy Parmesan Bread Recipe

Ingredients are ready!
My Mom's pasta sauce could not be beat. Unfortunately she did not create a recipe card for it, but every time she made it, it came out incredible. It was always a favorite requested by us kids for special occasions like our birthdays. And like a truly good pasta sauce, the spaghetti leftovers were even better the next day. I remember waking up on a Saturday morning as a teenager with my brother Adam and sneaking a spaghetti breakfast.  I have tried to replicate my Mom's sauce and it comes out good but never seems to be like hers. I just don't have a jar of "made with Mom's love" lyin' around!

Just waitin' for the oven to heat up.
We always had a loaf of crusty bread with the pasta. She would heat it up in the oven, then slice it up, plop it in a wicker basket covered with a cloth napkin and onto the table it went. Mom found THIS particular recipe in her later years and swore by it as an easy tasty recipe for Parmesan bread.

I made a pasta dinner the other night and finally made the recipe for the blog project. The bread was crispy crusty good with melted cheese and seasonings on top. I couldn't have just eaten that for dinner! Afterwards, I had mentioned to John that I wondered why Mom hadn't made this recipe when she had us over for dinner. He stated that he specifically remembered her making this for us and that I was just being dopey. After that, I felt better about it, but kinda dopey nonetheless.

Sooo good!

Parmesan Bread by Abby Deeds

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup soft margarine
1/2 tspn Italian seasoning (I used way more than this because I love these herbs. I used 2 tspns.)
1 loaf of French or Italian bread, cut in half, cut lengthwise, so that you have 4 pieces. (I picked Italian bread because according to John it would be sacrilegious to use French bread with Italian seasoning.)

Heat oven to 400'F.
Mix cheese, room temperature margarine, and Italian seasoning.
Spread on bread.
Place on cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10  minutes or until golden brown.
Sliced and serve.

Variation:  add minced garlic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life