Charlotte Drops Off Food (Part 1)

I was going to write about something else tonight but thought about an encounter with my neighbor Charlotte a couple month's back and decided to write about that instead.  Since I haven't written about her in a while I decided it was time for a Charlotte story. I love my neighbor Charlotte, she is a free wheeling tough as nails pint sized 70 something divorcee.

Picture Source
That evening, John and I were going to grill some homemade Italian sausage from Russo's Market in Wyomissing, PA. If you haven't tried it, it is so good that let's just say it saves us Philly transplants when we need our Italian! It is just as good as anything from the Italian Market, but without the local smells and colorful street urchins. ;)

Anyway, I was hollering into the house from the deck for John to bring out the veggies to grill them up.
"John!!! Bring out the peppers and onions! I need to get them on the grill!" OK, I was kind of like screaming. It had been a long day. "JOHN, where are you? I see you in there walking away from the kitchen! I know you can hear me!" I was actually running from window to window yelling at him. (By now, I realize I could have gotten the veggies myself.)

I had just put the sausage on the grill, heard a creak on the deck, turned around, and there was Charlotte standing next to me. I freaked and jumped almost out of my skin. "OH MY G-D ... MOTHER #$*@&!!!" Even after catching my breath, I could barely muster out,  "Why did you do that?  Charlotte, you snuck up on me without making a noise! Why did you do that!?"

She giggled and handed me two paper bags.
"Here is a bunch of zucchini and here are a couple of peppers so you can stop yelling at John."

With that, she bounded down the deck steps and was across the yard to her place within seconds. At that point, John came out and I handed him the vegetables and said that Charlotte stated I needed to stop yelling at him. He humped triumphantly and said that she was the smartest person in the neighborhood. I rolled my eyes and went back to my grilling.

Comments

  1. So cute. We pint size 69 - 70 women are all tough. It is the era we grew up in. Good job Charlotte. Also, I have learned with my 69 years, don't ask for anything that you can do quicker by yourself. Poor John!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Morag! LOL Next time I will get the peppers myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol