Home Depot Trip

Image borrowed from www/homedepot.com
John and I were at The Home Depot the other day buying some paint, some rope, and a bunch of other stuff you normally buy there. We had a cart weighted down with two 5 gallon drums of paint and we were slowly pushing it around the store when I realized I needed some top soil and possibly more plants for the deck.

We slowly pushed the heavy cart out to the garden section and I told John to wait with the cart by the entrance while I got a 25 pound bag of top soil on the other side; it seemed like a mile away. I carried the bag all the way back to the cart and was just about to place it in the cart when it split open, dumping out top soil everywhere. I started laughing and John rolled his eyes at me, sighing.

I carried the opened toil soil all the waay back to the soil/compost shelves. dropped it, and got another one. Then I walked all the waay back to the cart. Luckily this one stayed intact.

"Marc, why didn't you just bring the cart over to where the top soil was?" John asked.
"I didn't want to have to push this heavy ass cart all the waay over to the top soil."
"So, you took two trips, back and forth, to grab a 25 pound bag of top soil?"
"Hahaha, yeah I guess I did," I responded.
"I'm not gonna say anything." John said just shaking his head.

He began to turn the cart around to go towards the registers and I blurted out, "I almost forgot! I need plants! But I'm not gonna pay full price! Lemme see what's on clearance!"

I found a store associate watering marigolds and asked her.

"Hi, where are the discounted plants?" I asked.
"I don't know what you mean," she flatly responded, still watering marigolds.
"Um, where are the 'on clearance' plants?"
"There are some are on sale over there," she began, pointing to perfectly healthy plants. "Those are 30% off, Sale ends today." The woman was completely devoid of any vocal pitch or emotion. I began to get annoyed. 
"No, the really discounted 'on clearance' plants?" I clarified.
"Sir, I don't know what you are asking me."
Me, visibly impatient, "OK, WHERE ARE THE DYING PLANTS YOU ARE SELLING FOR ONLY A $1.00."
"They haven't died yet, sir."
"ARGH!" I exclaimed in a huff.

John just looked at me and stated "I'm am just so mortified right now." And he walked away.

Comments

  1. "They haven't died yet", hahaha!! As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip... I will look for the dead plants.... Ha Ha Ha. John is a saint! Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor John. But his pain is our entertainment. And sop being so CHEAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA!..I buy them in the store full price then throw them in the dumpster on the way out...they will just die anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol