I'm Troubled by Recent Events

"Little Spider is there but ya can't see him. :)"


As an unofficial rule, I normally don't comment on what is happening in our world, politically or religious. I will keep this to a minimum and keep it vague enough to satisfy my own viewpoint. I am so troubled by recent events. From the major, what is happening in the US and the world, to the smaller events (not minor, but smaller) like the election at my local Property Owners Association. It gets ugly, we all know this. And it gets me worried as well.

I worry for myself and my rights and I worry for our seniors. I worry for my neighbors and I worry for our environment. I worry for the world my niece and nephew will inherit. We have changed so far from where our parents were, as Democrats, Republicans, and Independents.

It doesn't matter who you are, things have changed. And by the way, I don't want to hear anyone's opinion on the matter. It's not necessary. I am just commenting on how I've noticed such a dramatic shift. The simple fact is that the world has changed. I don't recognize it anymore. 

I glance just now at the two philodendron plants sitting on my shelf. They are actually the same philodendron plants that my mother grew from the 1980's. Over 20 years ago. They grew so much since that time, almost died, then brought back to life. I received one of them about 15 years ago and then the other after Mom passed, 9 years ago. I love the fact that these plants have been around me as long as my family.

In one of the philodendrons, the one with the faded Florida flamingo given to me by my Mom,  the tiniest of little spiders is building a web. I cannot believe how tiny. He is the size of a pinhead. He won't hurt me and probably couldn't even pierce my skin. He is just going about his way, building his nest, his home. He wants to survive. He means no harm, just wants to survive.

I won't bother him. He'll take out a couple gnats for me here and there. I am mesmerized momentarily by the web he weaves. So intricate and so detailed ... all from instinct. I'll let him live his life out. My Dad used to say having a spider in the house was good luck. Well, "Pinhead", as I'll call him, you are one lucky spider. I'll let you live.

And for that brief moment, my worries disappeared...





Comments

  1. You want my opinion??? You're right. I love you, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky for Pinhead. And yes the world has changed both politically, religiously and the climate. I believe we are reaching the end of times. I don't know if it will be tomorrow, next week, next year or a century from now... but life as we know it is changing every day. So if it's a new ice age... or an Armageddon.... I am mentally prepared. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol