Top 20 Signs You're from Philadelphia

I came across this last night in my files. My sister sent this to me in 1999 and it still rings true today. This is for my Philly friends. I don't know who wrote it but enjoy!

TOP 20 SIGNS YOU'RE FROM PHILADELPHIA

20. You realize that your favorite dessert is wooder ice. It comes in churry, strawburry, and other assawrded flaverz.
19. You find yourself using "Yo" and "Youse guyz" when talking long distance to family members. (I still do this!)
18. You know how to spell Schuylkill.
17. You think $2500 a year for insurance on a 1977 Toyota Corolla is a bargain.
16. You find yourself at a nice restaurant thinking, "I wonder if they have cheese steaks?" (Brother Adam, this is for you!)
15. You can sleep soundly through gunfire and ambulance sirens. (I stay overnight at my sister Sheryl's and this happens. She sleeps through it while I am up the rest of the night!)
14. You visit New York and are impressed by how clean it is.
13. Double parking in front of your house in the 'hood is normal.
12. You can't eat french fries or cheese steaks without Cheese Whiz.
11. You know the street people by name.
10. You don't think Wawa sounds funny.
9. You snub a cheese steak that isn't on an Amoroso roll.
8. Your parents, brother, sisters, aunts, and uncles all live on the same block.
7. You know who Jim O'Brien and Jessica Savitch are and how they died.
6. You can't imagine breakfast without scrapple.
5. You know who Sally Starr, Captain Noah, and Larry Ferrari are.
4. A vacation at the Jersey shore (pronounced "the shoo-ore") is better then going to an island (There's more stuff to do plus you know everybody.)
3. You know where to find the Rocky statue and have done the run up the Art Museum stairs.
2. You know only tourists go to Geno's, Pat's and Jim's for authentic cheese steaks. If you go, it's only when you're drunk and at 3:00 am.
1. You buy a soft pretzel at a traffic light, without wondering where the guy goes to wash his hands. And you really don't care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol