Life is Hard, Deal With It

(Pic courtesy Pexels.com) 


This was originally geared for the younger generation but I feel it can apply to people who feel they are owed by society and play the victim. I don't remember where I got this from but found some scribbled down notes in my files. I cautiously don't want to fully attribute it to myself in case I heard it from someone else and did not correctly attribute it to them. I usually scribble down "heard on NPR or Cable or from so and so author." I figured I would still share it and I have expanded on several parts.

I hesitate to say it's only for the younger generation because I have recently met several that I really like and impressed with (my niece Angelica included!) They give me hope for a brighter future and they makes me smile.

So without further adieu, some insights into the harsh reality of life as we know it:

Life is and will be hard for a lot of you. You need to realize that now. Say it out loud. "LIFE IS AND WILL BE HARD." The sooner that sinks in, the sooner you won't be disappointed by every little thing. AND the sooner the sweet things in life which DO happen will be that much sweeter.

You are not owed nor deserve anything.
Stop expecting that things will go your way.
You have to work hard for success and sometimes you still don't get it.
Life is not fair, life is tough.
Cheaters sometimes unfortunately prosper.
Nice guys sometimes finish last.
You will face disappointment.
You will lose people you desperately love whether through breaking up with them or from their deaths.
In real life, you do not all get trophies. Not even a quarter of you.
And sometimes you have to settle. You settle with your career, you settle with your love.
You don't get everything you want in life.
You just DON'T.

But sometimes ... you may be lucky enough where you will meet someone or people that are so wonderful, they will touch your lives forever. And you may be lucky enough to meet someone you will fall in love with who still makes you laugh and smile after 5, 10, even 20 years. And while you may not have all the riches in the world, you are extremely lucky.

If you are not successful at love and career early on, remember, you may find love and a successful career later in life. So don't give up hope!

Most of us do not get what we want but if we work hard and don't take things for granted, you may have a fulfilling life with wonderful memories and experiences.

*******************************************************************************

If you work hard, you will get a slice of that pie. It is up to you on how big that slice is, or how big you perceive it to be.

Men with far less have often lived much more fulfilling lives than men with far more.

-From me. ;)

*******************************************************************************

Lastly, here is a very inspirational speech from the 2006 movie Rocky Balboa that Rocky gives his son Robert. YES, its a speech from a movie but still so good. I think you will agree.






Comments

  1. Good One...loved the Rocky Balboa clip. Jack R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! But what you have to live for are those little moments that make it all worth it. Whether a nice lunch with a good friend (Carol), or a good day playing old time video games with your child (Hunter), or a great night at the Lodge with your favorite co workers (Rachel and Marc) or a peaceful morning sitting and relaxing on the deck and watching the birds, or a nice night riding in your kayak at sunset on our beautiful lake. Soak up and remember the good times to get you through the bad times :-) And one thing I've learned, there are so many that are not as blessed as I am. I thank God for all that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I quote this to all my millenial employees???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol