Fall is here!

I love Fall. It has always been my favorite season. First off though, a very Happy Birthday to my Dad! I love you Dad! Hope you have a great day!

It looks like we didn't have an Indian Summer this year. Went right into chillier weather. It's great sleeping weather though. Love sleeping with the windows open and hunkering down under a nice warm quilt. I woke up last night around 1 am and heard an owl somewhere in the trees. If it had been the weekend, I might have gone outside and tried to spy it with a flashlight.

My mums are doing well. I got mostly yellow to brighten up the yard.  There is some purple and burgundy colored ones mixed in. Haven't seen the hummingbirds, so I guess they have already flown south. I am going pick up some pumpkins this weekend and get out the Halloween stuff to put up towards the first of the month.

I love displaying pumpkins, gourds, Indian corn, corn husks, and anything else that gets me into the mood for the fall season.  Soon I will be putting away the lawn furniture, deck stuff, candles, turning over the bird baths, etc, in preparation for the coming winter. Spiced cider, mulled burgundy wine, and boilo will be made. What is boilo you ask? It is a Schuylkill County secret! It is a spiced whiskey toddy heated up. Every family has their own recipe and their are contests held to determine the best! I will post the recipe I have once I find it.

Til then, have a good weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life