My Sister and the $4.00 Washcloths

I love my sister Sheryl. She makes me laugh at the things she says. I see more and more of my mother in her. Sheryl has taken to making these inflammatory statements when she wants to drive home a point.

Perfect example:

I was driving home from work and talking with her on my cell as we often do. She was finishing her day at the office. I was so excited that I had just purchased a couple washcloths from Kohl's which were 60% off on sale, or $4.00 each. They were soft and fluffy. I always love a good sale! Not one to ever let me have my balloon. Sheryl popped it with a three foot needle.
"UNBELIEVABLE!!!  You could have bought a pack of them for $4! You spent too much!" 
I started howling and mimicking her, "THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE! YOU SPENT TOO MUCH MARC! A WHOLE $4.00 ON A WASHCLOTH! THAT'S JUST UNBELIEVABLE!"
Sheryl retorted,"I am frugal!!"
"But Sheryl," I pleaded, "They were originally $10.00 each and I saved $6.00 on each!"
"$10.00? Who spends $10.00 on a washcloth!"
"But I only spent $4.00 on each!"
"Marc, that is still too much!"
"You are becoming our Mother!" I exclaimed laughing.
And she admitted she was. 
Haha! I love her. :)

Comments

  1. Hopefully, those washcloths weren't made in China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc is Frazzled at FortySeptember 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM

    Laura, I had to check! LOL. They were made in India. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

Desiderata: a Manifesto for Life