Sadness over 9/11

I have been rather melancholy this past week. I figure most of the reason was that this weekend was the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy. I thought about it and mourned for those that were lost. I prayed for all the families, spouses, and children who lost a brother, sister, child, spouse, or parent. I didn't want to graphically "relive" the events online or TV because I just didn't want to go there again. But I did.

How could you not? My sister and I were talking and found ourselves once again, riveted to the news reports. Overwhelmed with emotion as the buildings were hit and then, one after the other, fell. I gave more attention to what happened in Shanksville, PA, and the Pentagon as I did not know all of the stories, survivor accounts, stories of rescue, and the stories of lost souls that came from those two events.

I didn't realize until after the fact and reading some of my friend's online posts, that several of my friends knew people that were lost in the World Trade Center. It definitely hits close to home, even 10 years later. Of course being as emotional as I can be, it carried over to missing my Mom. It was a rollercoaster weekend of emotions.

Therefore, my thoughts and prayers go out to those that have lost someone or knew of someone who passed away in the events of 9/11. It may be cliche' to some, but we really must never forget.  But in the same breath, the worst of humanity brought out some of the best in humanity with the compassion and caring that people showed as the events unfolded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AP Cake, A PA Dutch Recipe

Baby Goats and a Sweet Summer Evening!

A Monster Allergic Reaction: Erythritol